Uncertainty, whether it’s in the market or your own personal circumstances, often leads to inaction from fear of making the wrong decision.
So, when it comes to choosing the right investment strategy, here’s my top 5 tips to help you make the decision that’s right for you:
- Determine the purpose of your investment choice. Do you want to generate income or is it for capital growth?
- Decide whether the timing is right for you – is it a good time to invest or have you earmarked the cash for other spending, such as a new car or house.
- Write down your thought process, including the pros and cons of the investment as this helps if the investment is volatile and you question your decision.
- What factors are influencing your decision? Friends, family, media? Are their opinions relevant?
- Don’t be rushed or forced into making a decision. Take your time, sleep on it, until you feel comfortable that it’s the right choice for you.
By thinking through each of the above, and fully assessing your planned purchase or investment spend, you’ll have the peace of mind that your decision making process has been thorough.
Reach out if you need help with your investment strategy planning and to determine the choices and opportunities that may be available.